Monday, September 23, 2013

Prompt No 11: Your celebrity dinner party. Who would you invite?

If I’m a celebrity I would like to imagine myself as a writer cum celebrity. (You know someone like J K Rowling:P) Let’s make the dinner party to be a celebration party for the new book release which hit the best sellers list. Everyone who has a taste to appreciate good books is invited for the party. Spare the doubts; you won’t be seeing any hulky guys standing your way and deny the access to this party.

Without further ado, let’s roll down the VIP list. I love all my favorite authors equally. I think each one of them have something that others don’t have. Apart from my favorite orange juice and samosas in the menu list, I would like to see my celebrity dinner party to be a hub for all the writers and struggling writers to join hands and gather in the name of passion for reading and writing.

I would like to tell Khaled Hosseini in person that how much his books had me in tears. I want him to know that I don’t even bother about missing a bus in the middle of the night as I was deported to a different world while reading his books. I want to hold Enid Blyton’s hand and lead her to my room and show her all the pictures of my childhood. I want to tell her how much her books have been the truest companion in my life.

I want to let Edna O’Brien know that one of her book had been the mirror image of me and how I feared that the character’s ending will be the end of my story too. I don’t need to tell anything to Cecelia Ahern as she will understand by the number of her books on my show case. I would like Elizabeth Gilbert to sit beside me and tell me stories of her adventure in foreign lands. I want Orhan Pamuk to tell me what exactly happened in his mind when he decided to write ‘The Museum of Innocence’. I hope he comes with some good reasons to justify his book as it was one of the most difficult books that I have read so far.


Last but not least I would like to invite all of you, my fellow bloggers to my dinner party.  You can read and eat as much as you want.  Each of you will be given my book as a door gift and a memorable experience before you board the flight back to your hometowns. Enjoy your stay and I hope I will do enough justice of playing the host. 

Too much of bragging isn't it? Well blame it on the title  :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unwrap a smile and leave some love!